Saturday 14 April 2012

Halo Around the Sun




Earlier today as I was relaxing a bit, I received a phone call from my husband asking me if I hadn't seen the sun. He said that the sun was in eclipse and that I should go outside and take a look. Quickly I ran outside to see what was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I cannot describe the feeling that I felt when I saw it, it's an unexplainable one. However the sun wasn't in eclipse but it had a rainbow ring around it, one I had never seen before, so I decided to "google" it. According to "google", when white light passes through a raindrop or ice crystal, each color is bent slightly and sent in a unique direction creating the spread of colors we see. When raindrops are involved, the spread of colors appears as a bow across the sky. Since ice crystals are six-sided, the light is refracted differently creating a ring around the sun. How amazing is that!!!?? Makes me think about how incredibly awesome our God is and how marvelous are his works. I must say I was indeed blessed to experience seeing something like that. God is indeed a mighty God!!! x♥x



No comments:

Post a Comment